Thursday, October 11, 2007

New job. Show. Pug.

So hey,
I started a new job a few weeks ago. I now work at Intuit: The Center for Intuitive and Outsider Art. We hosted a band last weekend , The Mighty Vitamins. The Vitamins create all of their own instruments from everyday objects. Very cool. After their performance I took a few pictures. Please Enjoy...

A container of malets.


Various harmonious utinsles.


The Vitamins amplify the wood that all of these objects are placed on with contact mics. So the sounds created by the rocking horse and other toys are translated through the reverbations of the table.



This is the back gallery at Intuit.


I think this is a piece of a door that has been strung up. I really enjoyed the honeycomb-looking drum in the background next to the amp. It was made out of the tin containers that hold really nice bottles of whiskey and such. It kinda sounded like a Jamacian steel drum.



Each prong coming out of this "handle-can" is tuned to a different note. It can be played with a bow, mallet, or I guess you can just bang it around on things.



This is Neptune, my roommate's pug.



Yea, so check out this table. Lots of noisey stuff.




This young gentleman is playing a tin wine-glass with a bow.



A close-up of one of the tables.






I'm not sure how this instrument works.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the DVD e CD, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://dvd-e-cd.blogspot.com. A hug.